The Government of Jamaica established Boys’ Town under the management of the YMCA in 1940. The recommendation came out of the Moyne Report in 1938. The Governor of Jamaica accepted the report, requested the YMCA to establish the work. The YMCA asked the Methodist Church to second Rev. Hugh Sherlock, author of the Jamaica National Anthem, to be the first Director. Kingston Boys’ Club was established in the Jones Town Baptist Church in 1940 and moved to its current location on lands provided by the KSAC in 1942. There it adopted the name Boys’ Town.